Saturday, January 23, 2010

Frugal Home Decorating

Gina, a member of The Lily Pad community and fellow blogger showed me a great blog post today that gave instructions to a cheap and creative way to decorate your walls.

What you have to do is get a few blank canvas'. Paint them whatever color you would like. Next you take a plastic or rubber doormat that has holes and is the same basic size as your canvas like this one:
Line it up on your canvas and spray paint a contrasting color. If you painted your canvas black, spray paint over the mat white.

Lift your mat and viola...a beautiful wall hanging!

Idea credit goes to: Frugal Home Ideas

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!! Seriously if I take the car out tomorrow I'm gonna see if I can get the stuff and do this, I love the Frugal Home Ideas blog, some great stuff over there but this is beyond cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by: Lay It On Me Designs